The hardware industry is an important livelihood industry with sufficient market competition and closely related to people’s lives. It has the characteristics of small products, large markets and large industries. In recent years, the hardware industry has achieved sustained and rapid development and has become the world’s largest hardware product producer and the global hardware product production and processing center, procurement center, and an important international trade distribution and supply center. However, as for the industry as a whole, unbalanced development is still a prominent contradiction in the industry. There are problems such as extensive development methods, backward equipment and technology, surplus of medium and low-end products, and insufficient high-end products. The industry concentration is low, and the industry structure of small, multiple, scattered, and weak industries will still be the focus of adjustment in the future.
The task of transforming the development mode of the hardware industry is arduous. To sum up, five major changes are needed.
1. Changed from the extensive type to the intensive type. Change the original situation of small, multi, weak and scattered industries, improve product processing capabilities, upgrade manufacturing equipment and technology, create brands, and take a road of intensive development. The core of the extensive to intensive transformation lies in improving product processing capabilities and quality levels, and taking the road of independent innovation and independent brand development.
2. Transition from labor-intensive to technology-intensive. Labor-intensive industries can also introduce technologies such as modern electronic information into the industry. The hardware industry has a wide range of varieties, each with its own characteristics, taking a technology-intensive approach, increasing product technology content, added value, and intensive development in the high-end market. There is a lot of room for improvement.
3. From the expansion of quantity to the improvement of quality. At present, the current situation of product homogeneity and low-level repetitive labor in the industry has not been improved. To realize the transformation from a large production country to a strong production country, it is necessary to overcome the current situation of too many low-end products and insufficient high-end products.
4. Transition from low cost and low price to high value-added and high profit margin improvement. Low-price competition among peers is an act that harms the industry and hurts both sides. If the industry wants to compete in technology, it should start with the connotation and added value of the product itself to gain the favor of the market, so as to maintain an orderly and healthy ecological environment for the industry.
5. Exports are mainly based on OEM to gradually increase the proportion of independent brands. It is necessary to further consolidate and expand the international market, increase the development of the domestic market, walk on two legs, and pay equal attention to the domestic and foreign markets. OEM production is mainly three-point and one-line production of orders, processing and delivery, lacking market dominance and bargaining power. Therefore, it is necessary to establish independent brands, gradually increase the proportion of independent brand exports, and enhance international competitiveness.